One of the most powerful ways to communicate is by using YouTube videos embedded into blog posts. The process is simple. Record the video. Upload it to YouTube. Copy the YouTube video URL into the wordpress blog post (without a hyperlink). The result is a YouTube video embedded into your blog post.
- Be the first, newest, oldest, biggest, smallest, etc. and explain why this is important.
- Introduce something new or improved and focus on key benefits or problems it solves.
- Announce anniversaries and stage a special event to celebrate.
- Announce a new member of your team and how they will change the way you do business.
- Win an award. Of course, you have to find them and apply, but third-party recognition are great tools.
- Announce a new major client – the bigger the better. Another third-party endorsement.
- Offer to be an expert on a specific topic or event. Journalists always need quotes from experts. Help them out and they’ll put you in an article.
- 6 Easy Twitter Hacks for Schmoozing Journalists (hubspot.com)
To invite journalists to cover a story, I send a “media advisory” and then either pitch (call and talk) to the station assignment desks or the producers depending on the story, lead time and topic. Our goal is to help our clients get their message out. We do so by making our focus to help the news departments inform the public of important topics and trends. So, if the news people don’t view our client’s story as newsworthy, we trust their judgement, adjust and try again later.
We are not going to spend your time in this article explaining why. These are very concise step-by-step instructions on how to optimize your YouTube account to gain the greatest number of viewers the quickest. We recommend you set aside 15-30 minutes per section to carry out these tasks.
Optimizing Your Account
Create a YouTube account: To improve SEO results, secure the name of your company as both the username and profile name [www.youtube.com/users/profilename] = [www.youtube.com/user/CyberspacePublicity]. If the name is already being used, have one that sounds similar.
Optimizing Your Video Content
Video File Name: By default, your video will have a file name like “vid027612″. Rename the video to give it a more descriptive, keyword-rich title that accurately describes the video content in five words or less. Edit off the three letters after the dot (“.mov” “.wmv”). Nobody needs that detail.
TIP: Do Not Include Business Name – describe the content accurately, clearly, briefly.
Description: Write a easy-to-understand video description that accurately depicts the video content placing a link to your Web site into the video description.
Tags: Tags are words, not phrases (except for names and brands like Modern Publicity and Paul O’Sullivan) and include all keywords used in the file name/title/descriptions.
Optimize Your Video Channel
Visit your profile page and click the link to edit your channel to include keywords, an accurate description and include a link to your Web site, assign tags and allow comments. Also, select the type of channel you’re running to and upload a custom-branded background. (stay tuned to a how-to blog post on this topic).
TIP: To get optimized YouTube tag words without SEO analysis: search out videos in same business category (eg: “San Diego real estate”) ignoring promoted videos. Pick video w/same marketing goals & click “show more” button. Copy and paste their tag words and add your firm’s name, your name, etc. onto your YouTube page. This isn’t as good as our SEO analysis, but it’s much, much better than nothing.