One of the most powerful ways to communicate is by using YouTube videos embedded into blog posts. The process is simple. Record the video. Upload it to YouTube. Copy the YouTube video URL into the wordpress blog post (without a hyperlink). The result is a YouTube video embedded into your blog post.
- Be the first, newest, oldest, biggest, smallest, etc. and explain why this is important.
- Introduce something new or improved and focus on key benefits or problems it solves.
- Announce anniversaries and stage a special event to celebrate.
- Announce a new member of your team and how they will change the way you do business.
- Win an award. Of course, you have to find them and apply, but third-party recognition are great tools.
- Announce a new major client – the bigger the better. Another third-party endorsement.
- Offer to be an expert on a specific topic or event. Journalists always need quotes from experts. Help them out and they’ll put you in an article.
- 6 Easy Twitter Hacks for Schmoozing Journalists (hubspot.com)
To invite journalists to cover a story, I send a “media advisory” and then either pitch (call and talk) to the station assignment desks or the producers depending on the story, lead time and topic. Our goal is to help our clients get their message out. We do so by making our focus to help the news departments inform the public of important topics and trends. So, if the news people don’t view our client’s story as newsworthy, we trust their judgement, adjust and try again later.